There is considerable competition for treadmills at the $999 price range. Something in our psyche suggests $999 is significantly less than $1,000. Smooth Fitness has always had a strong contender at this price range. Their 2010 Smooth 5.65 treadmill is their latest release, and like previous models it is a solid value for $999 with shipping.
Smooth Fitness has built their reputation selling primarily online and direct to the consumer. This cuts out the expense associated with retail resellers. Their focus is to build some of the best quality machines in their price range and to back it up with good customer service.
The Smooth 5.65 treadmill does not consist of a bunch of frills, and in fact there are a number of competitor models that spec out better. However, one of the most important features on any treadmill is the durability, and this is where the Smooth 5.65 excels in comparison to the competition.
For a high end budget treadmill it has a reputation for holding up well for both walkers and joggers. That is not always the case for machines at this price.
Features on the Smooth 5.65 Treadmill
- 20″ x 55″ Treadbelt – The 55″ length of the belt is ideal for average height walkers and joggers.
- 2.5 HP Continuous Duty Motor – Smooth equips their treadmills with very reliable motors, and that is why they are backed with lifetime warranties. You can expect this motor to run smooth and reasonably quiet, even at higher speeds.
- Sound System with MP3 Input – Speakers are built into the console, allowing you to listen to music without annoying headphones and wires. Studies show that music is an excellent motivator when you workout.
- 14 Workout Programs – You get a variety of challenging exercise programs which include 1 manual, 5 speed programs, 5 Incline programs, 1 custom program, 1 Distance program, and heart rate control.
- Hand Rail Toggle Switches – You can control both the speed and the incline with switches that are conveniently located at your side.
- Easy to Fold – With the use of gas shocks you can effortlessly lower or raise the treadmill. Once folded, it is easy to move the machine about.
- Warranty – The Smooth 5.65 treadmill has one of the best warranties at this price range. You get a 3-year parts and a generous 2-year labor warranty.
When shopping for exercise equipment do not get caught with fancy gadgets, outrageous claims or pretty models. You want a solid and durable machine that will allow you to get in shape and burn calories. That is what the Smooth 5.65 treadmill is all about. It is designed to allow you to achieve your fitness goals and not machine maintenance.